Rear parking sensors OCTAVIA IV Limo
The parking sensors are the simple solution for correct reversing. They reduce the risk of colliding with people or objects that are out of the driver‘s line of sight (low walls, railings, or even smal… Read more
The parking sensors are the simple solution for correct reversing. They reduce the risk of colliding with people or objects that are out of the driver‘s line of sight (low walls, railings, or even small children).
Rear parking sensors
- are fitted recessed into the rear bumper,
- do not spoil the vehicle‘s aesthetics in any way,
- are activated when reverse gear is engaged,
- using ultrasonic waves, the sensors calculate the distance between the vehicle and the potential obstruction,
- inform the driver about how much space there is behind the vehicle using an acoustic signal through the speaker or as a display on the infotainment screen.
A description of how the rear parking sensors work, detailed information on how to use them and a visual representation of the area monitored can be found in the Owner‘s Manual – see the „Parking aid“ section in the „Assist systems“ chapter.
These sensors are fitted into the rear bumper in exactly the same way as the series production version of this product.
The control unit is not part of the set. Order individually according to the production date for cars manufactured:
- until CW 48/2020 use the control unit 5WA 919 283A
- from CW 48/2020 until CW 25/2021 use the control unit 5WA 919 283B
- from CW 25/2021 use the control unit 5WA 919 283C.
- Wiring harness for the sensor connection on the rear bumper, wiring harness for the rear parking sensors for the vehicle interior, retainer for the control unit, speaker, sensor (x 4), spacer for the sensor (x 4), sensors brackets (x 4), 7.5 A MINI fuse, protection connector, foam-rubber piece, connecting materials, fitting instructions. The control unit is not part of the set (see Attention).
- 500 g
- Maintenance-free – the vehicle can be washed in a car wash, using conventional cleaning agents if possible. When washing the car with pressurised water, never direct the pressure washer nozzle at the sensors fitted in the rear bumper.
- This part is not compatible with the wiring of cars manufactured in Russia (Kaluga, Niznyi Novgorod).
- Due to the complex nature of the work required, as well as the subsequent activation of the parking sensors, fitting must be carried out by an authorised ŠKODA AUTO service partner.
- In the rear bumper.